weight chart

LilySlim Weight charts

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's All About Planning

Planning meals. Planning time to exercise. Planning to get enough sleep.

So much of losing weight and keeping it off relies on planning. I suck at planning. It's the truth. I'm a procrastinator and a wing it kind of girl. While I really am looking forward to a slimmer, healthier me, I'm also hoping that this journey also helps me grow into someone who does things when and how they are supposed to be done.

Before I made my grocery list this week, I made a dinner menu. I scoured sparkpeople.com and the WeightWatchers One Pot Cookbook my husband brought home from the library for me. I was in search of low calorie, easy meals that we could both enjoy.

My dinner menu for the week:

Monday - Slow cooker french dip sandwiches, green beans (Not the best choice, but the frozen pot roast had to be used! I only had one small sandwich and went light on the cheese.)
Tuesday - Tilapia, brown rice, zucchini
Wednesday - Reuben Casserole (WW One Pot Cookbook), salad
Thursday - Vegetarian chili (sparkrecipes.com)
Friday - Slow cooker French Country-style chicken stew (WW One Pot Cookbook), brown rice

Breakfasts and lunches are much easier. I don't vary them much (oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, fruit, frozen meals, light sandwiches, and/or salads).

Tracking my calorie intake on a daily basis is key as well. I have done it everyday and have pretty much stayed within my calorie range give or take a few calories.

For the first time in a long time, I am looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment